© 2023 Beesting Digital. All Rights Reserved.
Spencer has been working as a Freelance Copywriter for over 11 years working with all kinds of organisations, from micro-businesses and SMEs to creative agencies, major brands, and blue-chip companies.
Having spent over 20 years in media advertising for a blue-chip company, he’s been
immersed in strategy, planning, targeting, launches and sales-speak for as long as he can
The corporate world is full of jargon, acronyms, and incomprehensible processes. Part of Spencer’s remit was to cut through this deliberately mystifying fog of words and make the complex simple. Now that he’s a Freelance Copywriter, it still is.
Making the complex simple is still a large part of what he does. Whether it’s through website
content, brochures, white papers, or any other type of marketing material, Spencer helps companies communicate their message so that it actually means something to their customers.
About 60% of what Spencer does is research, and the other 40% is writing. He gets under the skin of the businesses he works with, understands what they are trying to achieve, who their target audience is, what their tone of voice is like, and then crafts copy that represents them effectively.
Flavour of experience and areas of expertise
As well as a strong portfolio in hotels, restaurants, and the leisure sector, Spencer has broad
experience in the professional services arena, working with numerous Chartered
Accountants, Law Firms, and IT organisations over the years, helping them shape their copy
for both online and print.
He has written extensively for brands such as Hilton Hotels, Best Western Hotels, Triumph
Motorcycles, Whitworth Pharmacies, Viking Cruises and Totaljobs.com. This eclectic mix of
clients has provided him with a versatile portfolio of work and wide experience across a
diverse range of sectors.
He is an award-winning and published poet.